Re: [suse-security] Kernel version in the upcoming SuSE 7.0 release
  • From: Stefan Suurmeijer <stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:07:38 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Eduardo,

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Eduardo Carriles wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> ----
> Stefan Suurmeijer wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 devel@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > [snip...]
> > > Speaking of Kernel
> > 2.4.0-test5, are there special SuSE
> > > patches I need to apply if I want to try it out with 6.4?
> > > Has anyone at SuSE packaged it as an RPM?
> > >

> > You might want to wait just two weeks. Latest news is that 2.4 will be
> > released at then end of August.
>
> Two weeks?? Where did you read about this??
> I've just been searching through "Kernel Traffic"
> http://kt.linuxcare.com/kernel-traffic/
> including "Kernel Traffic #78 For 31 Jul" and did not find any reference
> about from Linus or any body else.

It was published on some Dutch C-news sites. It stated that "the release
of kernel 2.4 had been delayed due to problems, but was now planned
for late August or early September at the lastest," or words to that
amount. I actually read it on two sites, and the first one is usually
pretty dependable. So if that's right I think holding our breaths for 2-4
weeks longer should be enough. I'll see if I can find some English
language references to it.

> And as of Kernel.org we are at "LATEST-IS-2.4.0-test5 27-Jul-2000".
>
> Just give us a tip please!! =:`)

As soon as I get my pizza ;-)

> > Stefan
>
> --