SuSE Firewall & FreeS/WAN
  • From: Andreas Gruenbacher <a.gruenbacher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:32:12 +0200
Dear Marc,

I'm trying to set up a secure Internet gateway using SuSE Firewall and
the FreeS/WAN package. For masquerading firewalls, FreeS/WAN tries to
use ipfwadm, which doesn't exist on that system anymore. ipfwadm-wrapper
also complains:

You cannot mix the `ipfwadm' wrapper with ipchains.
You must delete all user chains and flush all built-in chains
if you want to use the `ipfwadm' wrapper.

Are there any patches for FreeSWAN (perhaps a new _updown script) that
work with SuSE firewall? Otherwise, what can I do to get FreeS/WAN
running on my gateway?

Thanks,
Andreas.

Andreas Gruenbacher, a.gruenbacher@xxxxxxxxxxxx