RE: [suse-security] Problems with package smtpd - Y Store and Proxy mail forwarder
  • From: "Oliver Grube" <oliver.grube@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:21:39 +0200
Hello,

>Oliver Grube wrote:
>> after installing the smptd on an seperate System, it will not work
>> correctly. Syslog meens: "No reverse mapping for adress"....

>Did you check that /lib/libnss_dns.so.2 and /lib/libnss_files.so.2
>(and /etc/hosts, /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/resolv.conf) are present
>in your chrooted environment ?
>These are AFAIK needed for name resolution.

Thanks!

That's it.

I'll write to SuSE, that they can change the README for the package.

We've spend more than two hours on this problem yet.

Thanks again,

Oliver Grube

--IT-Secure - Mit Sicherheit gute Lösungen.--
Security Support * oliver.grube@xxxxxxxxxxxx
+49 2161 6897-180 * http://www.it-secure.de

  • No further messages