short introduction to myself + a (simple) problem
  • From: Michael Schoenwiese <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 20:46:18 +0200
Hello !

I've been subscribed here approx a half year and I now introduce to
myself because its the first time I raise a question.

I'm running suse linux 6.3 on a pentium 233 with scsi hard disks and a
raid compliant controller (too bad that it doesn't run under linux, its
an adaptec AAA131U2)
But this is not my problem,

Since some days, my /var/log/messages shows every 20 minutes following
lines, then sometimes it stops a few days doing so and sometimes it
start doing it.

There is no cronjob except the one which runs a tar command to zip all
user homes to a tape drive and also all configuration files and
databases.

here is what it looks like :

Aug 8 00:12:30 mail -- MARK --
Aug 8 00:32:30 mail -- MARK --
Aug 8 00:52:30 mail -- MARK --
Aug 8 01:12:30 mail -- MARK --
Aug 8 01:32:30 mail -- MARK --
Aug 8 01:52:30 mail -- MARK --
Aug 8 02:12:30 mail -- MARK --

mail is the name of the host

does anyone have an idea what it could be ?

I have this message since I set up this server.
I dont think there is something wrong with the system either I don't
believe it's service affecting, but I am really interested what this is.

Sorry if I posted to the wrong list

regards
Michael

< Previous Next >