Re: [suse-security] Mail permissions for local users?
On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 08:02 +0100, Andrew Hougie wrote:

> I think this qualifies as a security issue because the only other solution
> I have would be to open up permissions completely and I don't know which I
> can safely do.
>
> I am running SuSE 6.2 and I have Marc's firewall script version 2.5
> running.
>
> When trying to send mail from pine as a user from the linux machine, I got
> an "insufficient permission" message which I resolved by chmod 777
> /var/spool/mqueue. I now get reminders of this "warning world writable".

[...]
Do you use AMAVIS as Virus checker?
The problem occurs with sendmail+amavis, for amavis changes the
permissions procmail is started with.
There is a patch available at the amavis homepage, bug shall be
fixed in next release.

Greetings
Volker

--
The main failure in computers is usually between keyboard
and chair. (unknown)