Re: [suse-security] multi-services server securing
  • From: thunder7@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 16:09:12 +0200
On Wed, Aug 12, 1998 at 03:47:03PM +0300, Gediminas Grigas wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I feel erroneusly (?) secure after .host.denyed in.telnetd and
> in.sshd from everywhere except one pc, which is denying all exept
> keyboard. I belive that if i can keep hosts.deny and hosts.allow files
> safe, and from time to time patch most actual security holes i`ll be
> conditionaly safe. Em i wrong? Probably I do.

in any case, someone hacked your RealTimeClock to say it's still 1998.

> I just cant imaginate how system can be cracked in lower stage, so
> that is my problem. I heard that inetd is very insecure, and some
> peoples using tcpd (or soundlike).
>
> By the way i have SuSE 6.3 (2.2.13).

In any case get a later kernel, there are some serious flaws in anything
before 2.2.16

Jurriaan

--
What if Boeing were to copy Microsoft's habbits?
'What do you think, Ed, is our new 787 ready?' 'I haven't heard any

GNU/Linux 2.2.17pre16 SMP 2 users load av: 0.21 0.13 0.05