Re: [suse-security] Re: SuSE Security Announcement: kernel-2.2.x
  • From: Lutz Jaenicke <Lutz.Jaenicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 19:43:04 +0200
On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 03:11:17PM +0200, Hubert Mantel wrote:
> > Back to 2.2.14 and I better do not upgrade the zillion machines in the
> > institute..
>
> The funny thing is: We even test our kernels on some of our internal
> servers that are under quite some load. And according to Murphy this very
> problem didnĀ“t occur on any of them. In fact, three servers here still run
> the buggy kernel. But not for very long any more ;)

I understand that the release of 2.2.16 was for a reason and under
unwanted time pressure.
I am using SuSE on quite a number of machines for several years now and
this is the first time I ever actually had a severe problem like this :-)

Best regards,
Lutz

PS. I do install things at home first and test them a bit before upgrading
or installing on the PCs and servers at the university.
--
Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BTU Cottbus http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/