Having problem with LPD after running harden_suse
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:25:02 -0400
> Hi2all
>
> Bo, when running harden_suse if you did answered 'Yes' on question 6, that
> can cause that problem you have (the same happend here, 'lpr' dont work, and
> reinstalling dont solve the problem). The question is: "Do you want strong
> permissions on user homedirs, limits and umask?"
>
> Run harden_suse again, answering 'No' in this question 6, and lpr will work
> again.
> I did got this problem, and this was tested 2/3 times, in two diferent SuSe
> 6.4 (1 desktop, 1 laptop) allways behaving like this.
>
> Personally i'm using it like this: harden_suse y y y y n n y y n y

'Did as suggested, and "nada." I think the harden script messed things
up big time the first time I ran it. The error I get now is: Your
printer job (testpg.ps) was not printed because it was not linked to the
original file

'Don't have a clue what to do about this.

Fred

--
----/ / _ Fred A. Miller
---/ / (_)__ __ ____ __ Systems Administrator