password encryption?
Hi,

Still experimenting with Samba 2.0.7
This question is about password encryption. It says in the SMB-HOWTO-6.html to set
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
in smb.conf, which I did via swat.

Then it says to make some changes in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\rdr\parameters on a WinNT machine. I tried to find this on a Win2000 box, with no success.

Does anyone know what's the equivalent for this in Win2000 regedit?

The reason I started playing with encryption was that is asks me for a username and password when trying to access a share on the Linux box from the win2000 one. Even though I enter a valid linux username and password it doesn't let me in.

cheers,

Bodri