ipchains
  • From: <ksemat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:52:26 +0300 (EAT)
Hi,
I have this ipchains firewall that denies everything by default and then
allows only those I specifically allow it also masquerades my internal
network so that we can connect to the net. However there is this host that
has been disturbing which I put in my banned hosts section now what I
would like to know is what these stats mean
wawa kernel input deny eth1 proto=17 192.168.1.1 etc
what I would like to know is what is proto=17 proto=1 etc stand for I
would like to know the various protocols.

Noah
ksemat@xxxxxxxxxx