Re: [suse-security] SendMail (SMTP_AUTH) POP (POP_AUTH)
  • From: "BrŠulio Gergull" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:59:23 -0300
Hi Lars,

> Hallo Br√°ulio,
>
> I use a solution from www.lihas.de under Skriparchiv, it was not too
> difficult to install and everything you need is in the package and
> ...important... it works with suse 6.4!

Thanks for the link, I've just downloaded and will give it a try.

> BG> Also, we suspect that a user is sending unauthorized msgs outside the
> BG> company. Is there a way to send a copy of all the outgoing msgs from a
user
> BG> to the administrator's account (transparently)?
>
> Why don't you look in var/log/mail

We did it and found that one employee is sending msgs to an ex-employee who
left the company some months ago not very "friendly". Now the problem is to
know what kind of information (if any) is being sent.

>instead of spying in your users
> mails?

In fact I don't like this idea either, but I was asked for a "technical"
solution. Moreover, I was asked to tell if sending copies of the messages is
possible without the sender taking notice. I've already warned the guys
about possible legal implications.

> BG> I'm using SuSE Linux 6.4.
> Me too :)

:)