Re: [suse-security] SendMail (SMTP_AUTH) POP (POP_AUTH)
  • From: "BrŠulio Gergull" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:07:12 -0300
Hi Ruprecht,

> forget sendmail it's a very old (timearea of Flintstones) MTA. Its better
you
> change to qmail. At http://www.qmail.org you will find addons for stopping
> spamming and relaying.

I'd preffer to find a solution for sendmail, in fact Sendmail 8.10 comes
with support for such feature, however it still depends on third part
software. This means more docs to read _carefully_ and more testings to be
done before putting it in a production environment, what translates in more
time to implement, and I'm beeing pressed to do it in a hurry.

Even though I'll take a look at qmail documentation to see if it can help me
in a timely manner.

Thanks for your help.

[]s,
Br√°ulio Weiamnn Gergull