Re: [suse-security] samba207
  • From: Fred Mobach <fred@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:42:59 +0200
Eduardo Carriles wrote:

> Hi Mariann, Fred, Jason and all others,
>
> This is what i posted on any other threads at [SLE] regarding HTML:
>
> ----
> "Talking about _Microsoft Outlook Express_, did you noticed such a lot of
> flames
> regarding the use of HTML (people talk about it as garbage, and instantly
> bury
> it on the _Trash_, what a pain!!).
>
> I personally prefer using Netscape Mail, because it gives much better
> control
> over what you send and in wich format.

That is fine as you can chose to send in text format. On the side of the
receiver the Netscape Mail User Agent might be configured to *not* show
attachments inline. Security-wise people should save attachments as files on
their file system and open those files with the appropriate applications.

At least for me it is too time consuming to read messages from mailinglists
in that way. So those messages will not be read by me and perhaps even
others. That is not the intension while one posts on a mailinglist.

Regards,

Fred Mobach