Re: [suse-security] SendMail (SMTP_AUTH) POP (POP_AUTH)
  • From: Erwin Rennert <erwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:28:42 +0200 (CEST)
Hello Braulio,

try this in /etc/aliases

user: spy, \user

and don't forget to run newaliases after editing.
I haven't done it myself but this is what SuSE suggests in the comments at
the beginning of /etc/aliases :

quote----------
# The program "newaliases" must be run after changing this file.

# It is probably best to not work as user root and redirect all
# email to "root" to another account. Then you don't have to check
# for important email too often on the root account.
# The "\root" will make sure that email is also delivered to the
# root-account, but also forwared to the user "joe".
#root: joe, \root
quote end------

Cheers, Erwin

Erwin Rennert, Center for Social Innovation
Austria, Europe erwin@xxxxxx