Re: [suse-security] SendMail (SMTP_AUTH) POP (POP_AUTH) - email spying
  • From: thunder7@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:31:49 +0200
On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 04:14:49PM +0300, lupe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Actualy /etc/aliases is for incoming mail only.
> The only method I know for sending a copy of the e-mail to another user
> is: cc or bcc and that can be done only in the mail client (i.e. the user
> who sends it )
>
> > > Also, we suspect that a user is sending unauthorized msgs outside the
> > > company. Is there a way to send a copy of all the outgoing msgs from a user
> > > to the administrator's account (transparently)?

You could try configuring sendmail so it queues messages before
uploading them, then capture that spool-dir and 'grep' on it every to
often before sending them on. Since I'm a happy qmail user, I cannot
tell you exactly how to configure sendmail to queue outgoing messages,
but that is a very common setup, so dejanews should have tons of
messages describing it.

Good luck,
jurriaan
--
When authorities warn you of the sinfulness of sex, there is an important
lesson to be learned. Do not have sex with the authorities.