YP passwd - SuSE 6.3 and Solaris x86
  • From: Adrian Bellini <adrian.bellini@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:40:23 +0200
Hi
I have in SuSE 6.3 a fully functional yp system (users can log in 'a la
NIS') on both Suse and Redhat (sorry !) but when they try it from Solaris
2.6/7/8 only root can log in (console of course !).

As root I can su - into the user and $HOME and the shell is correct, but
this is needless to say - not quite what I would like !.

Has anyone any idea why it works in LINUX but not (correctly) in Solaris ??

Any help in this matter is greatly appriciated.....

Thanks
Ade