Re: [suse-security] SFTP without SSH
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:17:56 +0200
* bolo@xxxxxxx wrote on Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 17:42 +0200:
> due to our security policy we can not provide our users with telnet/ftp but
> with ssh/sftp to do their stuff on our servers. Now the question arose wether
> it would be possible to only allow sftp-connections _without_ shell access. I

(If I understand you correctly).

It may help you to use RSA key authentication via
.ssh/authorized_keys and a wrapper (command="..."). This command
become executed when connecting with ssh, even if a command was
specified at the client's command line. Here you could do the
required actions, or verify the command and execute it under some
condition only.

man sshd /command=

oki,

Steffen