RE: [suse-security] ssh for SuSE 6.4
  • From: John Ritchie <ritchiej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:48:55 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Peter Nixon wrote:

> Erm, If you have the full 6cd set, it's in the sec section (pick it from
> Yast)
> else you can grab the rpm from ftp://ftp.jigsaw.net.au/pub/suse/stuff/
> The question is, do you trust me, enough to install a non-verified rpm? :)
>
> Cheers

SSH (and other crypto software like PGP) aren't distributed with the US
versions of SuSE because of the US' weird cryto export laws. I've always
had to go to www.suse.de and pick one of their non-US mirror sites to get
these RPMs. You'll find it under the sec package on those sites.

Hope this helps,

John Ritchie