Re: [suse-security] Book on Linux security
  • From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:56:21 +0200 (MEST)
[...]
> Anonymous "Maximum Linux Security" SAMS Publishing ISBN 0-672-31670-6

For the German readers: This book has been published by the
Markt+Technik-Verlag München under the title "Linux Hacker's Guide" as a
successor of the "Hacker's Guide" (Anonymous), both in German language.
The book as seen a major overhaul by a German auditor after its
translation and may contain fewer errors than the American original.

I guess it makes a nice collection of security breaches of the last few
years and may point the reader into the right direction by showing
some illustrative examples.

As one would expect, if a book is based on recent happenings, it can't be
fully up-to-date. This applies to the "Linux Hacker's Guide", but it
doesn't even claim that quality in the first place.

Type "Anonymous" in http://www.mut.de/shop/shop.asp .

[...]
> My apologies to Roman and the list. Oh what a wicked web ....

I knew there's another one... :-)

Gruß,
Roman Drahtmüller.
--