dhcpd patch
  • From: "Kurt Seifried" <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:56:39 -0600
This came up on linux audit list, I think it's rather useful, Thomas/Marc,
would you guys have any comments on the following patch for dhcpd?

http://users.phri.nyu.edu/~edelkind/custom/public/patches/dhcp-2.0+paranoia.
patch

It let's you specify user/group to run dhcpd as, and -t for chrooting it
(just like BIND). I think it would be nice (hint =) if SuSE included this in
their DHCPD package and maybe even defaulted to running dhcpd as a non root
user (not hard to do, all it needs to write to is the leases file).

Kurt Seifried
SecurityPortal, your focal point for security on the net
http://www.securityportal.com/