Re: [suse-security] webserver behind firewall with ingoing and outgoing ftp ?
  • From: "Jeremy Buchmann" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:47:07 -0700
It sounds like you may want to use a redirector. This is a program which
accepts a connection on one interface and redirects it to another. For
example, if you had a web server inside a network that was
masqueraded/firewalled, you'd install the redirector on the firewall and
tell it to redirect any connections from the Internet on port 80 to the Web
server. We have been using the program 'redir' for this for several months
with no problems.

--
Jeremy Buchmann
System Admin/Database Programmer