Re: [suse-security] ZDNet: Scientists spot Achilles' heel of the Internet!
  • From: "Kurt Seifried" <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:10:20 -0600
Super denial of service attack found!

By simply buying a glock 13 and some soft point rounds it is possible to
effectively restrist administrators from accessing their servers by shooting
them in the head repeatedly. After a 17 months study it was concluded that
killing administrators had a negative effect on theirt job performance. SuSE
is expected to release a patch next week in the form of
"kevlar-ballhat-0.1-1.human.armor".

> Simple. First, Net security issues ARE SuSE issues. Second, it gives
> everyone a chance to say, "Duh!! It took how much money for that study,
> when so many already KNOW the danger?!"

Uh, yeah, thanks. Please refrain in future. Risks would be an appropriate
place to post this. SuSE security, nope. I'm seeing people post to
linux-audit list questions like "how do I store credit card numbers". It's
OFFTOPIC. just like this was.

> Fred

-Kurt

< Previous Next >