chroot and NFS
  • From: "Security" <security@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:13:01 +0200
trying to minimize the disc space in a chrooted environment,
I found the only practical way in mounting the "big" trees
/bin , /lib , /usr as NFS, exported from localhost. In doing so
I have control about what my virtual server users can do and
the security task is done well.
So far everything works fine, BUT:
there is a limit of 128 mounts (I need 300)

My questions are:

1. how can I get 300 mounts from localhost on localhost?

2. is there another way to support "virtual" directories
in an chrooted environment from "outer space (localhost)"

I assume, localhost NFS is secure!?

Thx 4 all help,

Bernhard

  • No further messages