Re: [suse-security] aaa_base updatedb problems?
  • From: Ruediger Oertel <ro@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 16:44:51 +0200 (MEST)
Hi,

> > Also, after installing the new aaa_base, I have seen a root
> > "manpath" process consuming lots of CPU time, and staying indefinately as
> > a running process. Again, any thoughts?

> I have the Same problem on my SuSE 6.4 but not on the SuSE 6.2 Servers. No
> idea what todo.

The script /etc/cron.daily/aaa_base_do_mandb calls /usr/sbin/makewhatis.
This one calls up "unset MANPATH mandb -qg 2>/dev/null" to get the correct
manpath-setting.

Does "unset MANPATH mandb -q" hang for any of you when executed on the
command line ? The whole thing looks like a circular link in the man-directory
tree structure, but this is merely a wild guess.

--
with kind regards (mit freundlichem Grinsen),
Ruediger Oertel (ro@xxxxxxx)

  • No further messages