Re: [suse-security] recovering from a possible hack
  • From: Chrissy LeMaire <chrissy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 00:07:32 -0700
Thank you all for your input. We have decided to go ahead, get a new hdd and install suse from scratch there..

Thomas, the intruders got in thru another hacked machine. A user account was hijacked, and we arent too sure if root was stolen too or not.. the evidence left on the machine may well be a honeypot.. The other hacked machine has been banned from his comp.

Thanks again,
Chrissy

to be real sure, that no backdoors are left active after the update he has
to _install_ from scratch.

Could he verify how these ppl get access to his machine?

< Previous Next >