Re: [suse-security] Sendmail Virusscan
  • From: Rainer Link <link@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:51:19 +0200
Harald Scharf wrote:

Hello!

> I'm using the AMVIS 0.6 to scan incoming Mail for Viruses.
> Question : Is there a possibility to scan relayed mails (transport with smtp
> / esmtp), and outgoing mails ?
> Amavis simply replaces the procmail (mail.local), so i think, with Amavis
> this will not work.

Well, several possibilities do exist:
a) read the FAQ :-) this should work with AMaViS 0.2.0-pre6 and
AMaViS 0.2.0-pre6-clm-rl-8 and perhaps AMaViS-Perl-6. But I haven't
tested it
yet.
b) use the SMTP-store-and-forward proxy from the Juniper Firewall and
apply
two patches for AMaViS 0.2.0-pre6 (I haven't make any patches to the
clm-rl
series) - they are available on my homepage.
c) use the outmail patch:
www.unix.cslab.tuwien.ac.at/~ackerman/outmail.html
d) wait until my relay stuff works ;-( The first try is already in my
CVS, but
this CVS isn't public yet (although CVSWeb is working :-))
e) have a look at http://av-linux.w3.to/, especially the Mini-FAQ in
text format
Please keep in mind, that AVP for sendmail uses just the same concept
as
we, but e.g. AvGuard von H+B EDV works as a Proxy with virus scanning
capabilities (well, I should add such info to my Mini-FAQ)
f) wait for the SuSE SMTP-Proxy :-)

The clm-rl-series and the Perl rewrite can be found at
http://www.unixzone.com/virus/.

HTH

best regards,
Rainer Link