Re: [suse-security] Firewall + server on one machine?
  • From: Olivier Daigle <daio3003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 08:16:10 -0400
If by "Firewall" you hear "masquerading" or something like that, it may
make sense. Masquerading only open oprts to the outside world when a
machine from the inner world wants to communicate with the outside
world. In that sense, it is quite safe.

Read the security issue about masquerading and FTP for SuSE 6.4.

Olivier