Re: [suse-security] Firewall + server on one machine?
Hi

You can build Rules for paketfiltering with Ipchains. That`s okay on a
stand-alone-Machine. A real Firewall cannot save the same Machine where
it is install.

I guess that's what I don't understand. If I can make separate rules for incoming and outgoing packets isn't then the firewalling something like a virtual machine in between? What would be the advantage of having another (physical) machine if I have only one machine to protect?

--Ragnar