AW: [suse-security] IPCHAINS again (because first mail was digita l signed)
  • From: "Gerling, Stephan" <gerling@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 16:45:39 +0200
Hi Carlos ,
your thougth is right.
Here a little bit more Info's .

Internet Private Network
|-------|
------------| FW |-----------
|-------|

ip 212.185.40.xxx ip range 192.168.xxx.xxx

i have icmp rules included but they dont work
forwarding rule is masquerade all
a ping from the private network to the FW internal NIC causes in an "request
time out"
also an ping from internal to external. from external i didnt testet it yet

I think i beginn with an clean script from scratch.
But i have a thinking problem with the masq. rules

regards Stephan Gerling

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----