AW: [suse-security] IPChains
  • From: "Bauer, Juergen" <Juergen.Bauer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:53:17 +0200
hi folks,

i just wanted to say that you should keep in mind that there are different
implementations for ping/traceroute.
windows clients are using icmp packets while linux is using udp packets on
port 33434+ (afair).
so just try to ping through your firewall from a windows client. it should
work if you set up
ipchains to masq icmp echo-request packets and accept incoming echo-replys.

greets

jb