Damn multi-spam (was: Re: [suse-security] EICAR2000)
  • From: "Hans v. Sommerfeld" <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 17:07:05 +0100 (MET)
Hi all,
although I did the initial posting I'm just a victim of the mail-loop like you.
Anyway I'm very sorry for unintentionally causing all this spamming mail-loop.

Hopefully aleph1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
firewalls-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
suse-security-owner@xxxxxxxx

were/are able to stop this soon. I did inform them as soon as possible.

That in no way says that one of them or gmx.net caused the problem.
Maybe no list-sever or server listed and/or posted is/was the solely cause.
But I didn't cause it solely myself. There has to be some inability in between.

My system is disconnected most times of the day from internet. I did post once.
Also I checked my sendmail-logs and they show not any bouncing or looping.

If you please check the _full_ mail-headers you will recognize that the bouncing
host is out of my sphere of responsibilities.

B.T.W.
I do have to tolerate impatient or flaming replies. That's ok.
I do not tolerate racist, fascist or dumb 'german-nazi' replies.

HvS
  • No further messages