named can't write to named.pid
  • From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 09:02:01 +0100
Hello everyone here,

I'm posting this in this mailinglist since my problem showed up when I
updated BIND to the latest version provided by SuSE.

Since then (presumably because it doesn't run under root privileges
anymore?) named complains:

Mar 6 00:25:02 calvin named[5129]: couldn't create pid file
'/var/run/named.pid'

I already tried to make named.pid owned by user named.

What to do here?

--
Jurjen Oskam * ICQ 11573303 * http://www.stupendous.org/ for PGP key
assassinate nuclear iraq clinton kill bomb USA eta ira cia fbi nsa kill

  • No further messages