Re: [suse-security] SuSE Security Announcement - make-3.77
  • From: Yasholomew Yashinski <yashy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:21:45 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Petri Sirkkala. wrote:

> > > I don't care if it is a FUD or not. I only react to those mails
> > > originating from SuSE or the real vendors of the programs. These are of
> > > course the parties that need the exploits to verify the bug, and then
> > > send the _official_ security issues.
> >

> I did not say _only_ suse. But so far I trust only the ones I can verify
> myself. This is what everyman has to determine themselves.

I would love to be able to trust SuSE, on the same token I can't afford
to wait while they notify their peers. So instead I have to lurk
everywhere I can, such lists as bugtraq etc, and even areas that contain
members of the "darkside". I prefer to be notified ASAP about exploits,
not when it's "convenient".

- --
..Yashy
When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare
at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".'
(By Linus Torvalds)

< Previous Next >
List Navigation