Re: [suse-security] SuSE Security Announcement - make-3.77
  • From: Andreas Siegert <afx@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 15:17:31 +0100
Quoting cogNiTioN (cognition@xxxxxxxxxxx) on Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 09:28:11PM+0000:

> > > This is just a replay of what people where discussing on bugtraq when it was
> > > still new. That's why the moderator of bugtraq kills those threads.
>
> Some of us were not on bugtraq when it was new. Not all of us were using
> linux, or even online then (bugtraq started '97 sometime?).

Well, the issue comes up on bugtraq every few months...
The reason I am no longer on usenet is because everything is repeating
itself there in even shorter cycles. Looks like no one reads archives and just
blasts stuff to the world.
Hmm, guess I am too old for this world :-(

> > > All Arguments of all sides are already known. You are not going to convince
> > > anyone to change her/his view. You are just wasting bandwith.
>
> This does seem to imply that SuSE will not change it's mind on this issue
> (regardless of their users views)

Our user base is much large than the one following this news group. And they
tend to have quite different views.
What you see on a mailing list like this one is just a peak of the iceberg.

> Just because you seem to be aware of both sides of the discussion, it
> isn't safe to assume everyone does.

I would assume that anyone seriously interested does research bevore posting.

> In defense of SuSE, this issue has been discussed under this thread for
> quite a while, and seems to be dying out, very little new ground is being
> covered. I think what was ment was that the _continuation_ of this
> discussion is useless. Perhaps on this list it is. Perhaps not. I for one

Maybe I was unclear, but that was exactly my intention.

cheers
afx
--
SuSE Muenchen GmbH Phone: +49-89-42769-0
Stahlgruberring 28 Fax: +49-89-42017701

< Previous Next >
List Navigation