*WANTED: ipchains guru*
  • From: "KULISHdotCOM" <noc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:39:35 -0600
Looking for someone to take a look at my ipchains script. I don't want to
post it on the list as it is kind of long. A little background is in order.

I want to setup an ipchains firewall to do the following:

Deny everythind that is not explicitly allowed.

I have a server sitting behind it that will host pop3, smtp, www, and ftp so
I will need to forward all these ports.

I want to allow everyone on the local network to ANYTHING out on the
internet.

I want to log any denials and protect against IP spoofing (and anything else
that might be dangerous).

If anyone is willing to help, I will send them my annotated script to take a
look at. I do realize that some things are missing (probably the stuff I
need help on).

I have read all the HOW-TOs that I can find but something isn't clicking.

Thanks for any HELP!
CK