firewall-script doesn't start

Howdy!

I just installed the Suse-firewall-pakage from german 6.3 on my PC.
Unfortunately it doesn't start during boot, although I set the START_FW in
/etc/rc.config to YES.
A look in my /etc/rc.d/rc2.d and /etc/rc.d/rc3.d - directories revealed that
there are K??firewall - links to ../firewall but none with S??firewall.
>From where is the script usually started?
Or should there be S?? - scripts for the fw and my installation just went wrong?

One more question: It is usually recomendet to build a monolithic kernel for a
firewall, which I did.
Booting with this, I get a logfileentry: " No module symbols loaded - kernel
modules not enabled", when I try to start the firewall manually.
Does the SuSE-fw need a modular kernel?

Greetings,
Kai