Re: Re: DNS Concept for DMZ
  • From: Michael Hamm <michael.hamm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:31:53 +0100

>why don't you use two (ore three) DNS-servers on your application gateway:
>the (primary and secondary) DNS-server of your Provider for internet adresses
>and your internal DNS-server for the internal adresses? I think that should solve the problem.
>If you're using SuSE Linux, you can change the nameservers using yast or you can edit /etc/resolve.

But how did the gateway know, that for example MY-PC-NAME is an
internal Name, and it has to be resolved by the internal DNS-Server.

If I resolve Names by my Provider, the Gateway try to resolve MY-PC-NAME
by the Provider. Yet I see no way to told the Gateway:
"For this name try the Internal- for an other name try the Provider- DNS-Server"

Michael

< Previous Next >