Re: [suse-security] passwords limited 8 characters
  • From: Jedi/Sector One <j@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:05:30 +0200
Ertan Sekmen wrote:
> hello,
> is there any probram come with suse 6.3 to allow users have password
> more than 8 characters, or do i need to compile ? Is this called md5, ?

Edit your /etc/login.defs file in order to have :

MD5_CRYPT_ENAB yes

This is a standard feature of the Shadow Passwords suite, so I think
it should work flawlessly with Suse 6.3, but I didn't check it.
Nowadays MD5 encrypted passwords is a must IMHO.

Best regards,
--
Frank DENIS aka Jedi/Sector One aka DJ Chrysalis <j@xxxxxx>
-> Software : http://www.jedi.claranet.fr <-