adding users
  • From: Jae <jgangemi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:17:28 -0500 (EST)
hey all -

i appologize b/c this probably isn't the best place to post this
message, but it does have a little to do w/ security. :)

i need to write an application to create users on a
system. basically their info is stored in a mysql database and their
username, etc is generated based on a letter and their ip address (i
work for a web hosting company and we assign usernames based on the
last two octets of the ip they get)

i was planning on running this as a daemon that accepted the domain
name to be created.

so - basically i was looking for info on what would be the securest
way to do this and where i could find information about using
functions, etc that have laready been provided to do this.

thanks

-Jae

**
"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting drunker before it's over."
-Clark Gable, Gone with the Wind

  • No further messages