Re: [opensuse-ruby] Documentation on Ruby development with openSUSE
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 10:21:25 +0100
Robert Martens <martenrt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Any documentation on the wiki on how to bootstrap that environment?

I don't think there's really any bootstrap. You just add the repos
and start installing rubies and gems.

How to find what URL you need for the repos, etc.

That's standard zypper / OBS knowledge not specific to Ruby, e.g. go

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:languages:ruby

then click on one of the repositories in the Build Results and it will
link to the download repository where you can find the .repo file to
add via zypper, e.g.

zypper addrepo
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/ruby/openSUSE_13.2/devel:languages:ruby.repo

Or you can go the One-Click Install route, or add them via yast2.
There are probably other ways I missed too.

I'm asking mainly because I'd like to start gathering some resources
and documentation together to put on the wiki in the end.

That would be great, thanks! You should also link to

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Ruby

although that's for packagers not end users.