Re: [opensuse-ruby] %gem_install leads to multiple binaries in /usr/bin/
  • From: Robert Munteanu <robert.munteanu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 17:28:52 +0300
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2015-05-18 17:12:19 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
I'm working on fixing the rubygem-vagrant build failures. For the
record, vagrant is no longer distributed as a gem so the build is a
bit convoluted - first it builds a gem from the tarball and then
installs it ( see [1] ).

At the moment the build fails since %{_bindir}/vagrant is not
installed. Instead, %{_bindir}/vagrant.
.ruby2.1and %{_bindir}/vagrant.ruby2.2 are installed [2].

I would very much prefer a single /usr/bin/vagrant entry point, but
I'm not sure how to achieve this. Any help would be appreciated.

instead of packaging manually use gem2rpm if you want to stick with gem
based packaging. going to non gem based is also an option but we have
more automation for gem based packaging.

vagrant is no longer distributed as a gem as of 1.5.0 -
https://rubygems.org/gems/vagrant . This means that I can't use
gem2rpm ( to my knowledge ) as I'm already in the build process when
the gem is available.

Thinking out loud, is it acceptable to change the update process from:

- download tarball; update spec file; osc build

- download tarball; rebuild gemfile from tarball; update spec file; osc build

?

This would bring this build closer to a 'standard' rubygem one, but
with the extra hassle when updating versions.

Thoughts?

Robert

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/