Re: [opensuse-ruby] %gem_install leads to multiple binaries in /usr/bin/
On 2015-05-18 17:12:19 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
I'm working on fixing the rubygem-vagrant build failures. For the
record, vagrant is no longer distributed as a gem so the build is a
bit convoluted - first it builds a gem from the tarball and then
installs it ( see [1] ).

At the moment the build fails since %{_bindir}/vagrant is not
installed. Instead, %{_bindir}/vagrant.
.ruby2.1and %{_bindir}/vagrant.ruby2.2 are installed [2].

I would very much prefer a single /usr/bin/vagrant entry point, but
I'm not sure how to achieve this. Any help would be appreciated.

instead of packaging manually use gem2rpm if you want to stick with gem
based packaging. going to non gem based is also an option but we have
more automation for gem based packaging.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you