Re: [opensuse-ruby] Call to arms: devel:languages:ruby:extensions refresh
  • From: Jordi Massaguer Pla <jmassaguerpla@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:54:25 +0100

On 12/11/2014 10:23 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 10.12.2014 19:25, Jordi Massaguer Pla wrote:
On 12/10/2014 12:58 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 10.12.2014 11:50, Jordi Massaguer Pla wrote:
On 09/30/2014 02:23 PM, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
Hi,

yesterday we migrated devel:languages:ruby:backports [1] and
devel:languages:ruby [2] to the new ruby packaging scheme. my personal
test
projects [3] show, that this gives us a working base. So now it is the
time to fix all the old cruft we have in d:l:r:e. Some packages havent
been touched since 5+years and still have the packaging schema from
back
then.

Hi,

finally I've found the time to spend on this...

I've fixed about 300 of them that were straightforward.

There are a hundred still to fix which are:

- one needs a license fix, which I'll fix it with the gem2rpm.yml file
and send a PR upstream
Looks like we have a gem with no license:

https://github.com/sporkrb/spork-testunit/issues/51

Should we remove it from devel:languages:ruby:extensions ?

I assume someone added it as he needs it? If so, declare it SUSE-NonFree
so it does not up on products. Don't make up licenses - but I don't
think we need it to remove it, most people new to OSS blindly assume
everything they put on github is public domain.

I declared as SUSE-NonFree.

It is a testing gem thus I assume this will be used in development and testing but shouldn't get into a product.

Thanks

jordi