Re: [opensuse-ruby] Taking ruby packaging to the next level
  • From: Jordi Massaguer Pla <jmassaguerpla@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 17:44:17 +0200

On 09/09/2014 05:18 PM, Marcus Rueckert wrote:

What is left?
---------------

If you look just at the things that are packaged using the new way, we
are done. But it would be nice to also support the versioning pattern
that we have used up to 13.1. Maybe even support building against
unversioned ruby versions. (Yes, in theory that is possible.)

Once we have taken those steps, we have to recreate all spec files in
d:l:r:e. Yes, you read correctly ... recreate all spec files. While we
wrote all macros in a way to work as a drop in replacement, as soon as
we want to build for more than one ruby version, we need the
%gem_packages usage. I really hope enough people step up to the effort
so that the number of packages each person has to touch is kept in the
low double digits. Most of the work will be extracting the manual bits
into gem2rpm.yml files and then regenerate the spec file with the new
template. A more detailed mail will be sent later.

Once we release SLE12 I'll be happy to help :-)