[opensuse-ruby] Re: systemsmanagement:chef/crowbar not building
On Thursday 27 February 2014 19:00:43 you wrote:
* Sascha Peilicke <speilicke@xxxxxxxx> [Feb 27. 2014 16:55]:
Also, there are still some other OBS projects that are in deep red after
the very agile ruby changes (systemsmanagement:chef/crowbar).

Indeed, the project setup for systemsmanagement:chef:master seems
broken since many rubygem packages fail for openSUSE_Factory while they
succeed in d:l:r:e

It broke because the whole of devel:languages:ruby{:backports,:extensions) was
changed by you. You wanted to get your SLE12 feature in and I'll bet a beer
you'll silently disappear just after SLE12 goes GMC.

In general, disruptive changes are ok if they are properly communicated to the
community (so that everybody is aware) and if they are justified. In this
case, neither is true. The way this all has been executed is really the
perfect example how to ignore an existing community. I still believe openSUSE
is a meritocracy but quite frankly, I dunno how you ended up getting the
maintainership rights to break what's been working well.

Sigh, I guess I'll just join darix and lay down Ruby my project maintainership
rights and solve other issues.
--
With kind regards,
Sascha Peilicke