Re: [opensuse-ruby] http://en.opensuse.org/Ruby
On Thursday 27 February 2014 17:11:31 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Sascha Peilicke <speilicke@xxxxxxxx> [Feb 27. 2014 16:55]:
On Thursday 27 February 2014 09:01:02 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> [Feb 12. 2014 15:54]:
... does not exist, but maybe it should :)

In order to document the ruby-2.1 packaging and the new macros used by
gem2rpm, I created http://en.opensuse.org/Ruby this morning.

This looks like a fan-boy page and doesn't belong to the openSUSE wiki
IMO.

LOL - actually its a copy of http://en.opensuse.org/Python

I can already see us registering a new DNS name "opensusepedia". So I guess
both pages really don't belong into the wiki.

You're welcome to improve the page - it's a wiki !

Having to clean up after people is certainly something I enjoy.

What is wrong with updating http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Ruby
?
Because http://en.opensuse.org/Ruby should be a generic introduction
to Ruby and not about packaging Ruby.

To cite you "In order to document the ruby-2.1 packaging and the new macros
used by gem2rpm". For that you need a marketing page and refuse to improve the
packaging one?

Also, there are still some other OBS projects that are in deep red after
the very agile ruby changes (systemsmanagement:chef/crowbar).

d:l:r:e was in a similar state. A couple of 'gem2rpm' runs fixed this.

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/devel:languages:ruby:extensions?blocked=0&building=0&dispatching=0&finished=0&scheduled=0&signing=0&succeeded=0

looks like it still is. Maybe we should disable some of the build targets that
we are not interested in anymore?
--
With kind regards,
Sascha Peilicke