Re: [opensuse-ruby] http://en.opensuse.org/Ruby
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 05:11:31PM +0100, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Sascha Peilicke <speilicke@xxxxxxxx> [Feb 27. 2014 16:55]:
On Thursday 27 February 2014 09:01:02 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> [Feb 12. 2014 15:54]:
... does not exist, but maybe it should :)

In order to document the ruby-2.1 packaging and the new macros used by
gem2rpm, I created http://en.opensuse.org/Ruby this morning.

This looks like a fan-boy page and doesn't belong to the openSUSE wiki IMO.

LOL - actually its a copy of http://en.opensuse.org/Python

You're welcome to improve the page - it's a wiki !

Thanks, Klaus!

What is wrong with updating http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Ruby ?

Because http://en.opensuse.org/Ruby should be a generic introduction
to Ruby and not about packaging Ruby.

Actually I had in mind something yet different: not duplicating a
generic introduction to Ruby, but explaining its relation to openSUSE.
Specifically, I wanted to list all the places where oS deploys Ruby:

- OBS front end
- YaST
- Cloud/Crowbar
- ...

--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner