Re: [opensuse-ruby] A new packaging scheme for Ruby 2.1
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:29:17 +0100
On 30.01.2014 12:59, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> [Jan 28. 2014 16:34]:

5. What prevent those to go to ruby-devel?

Nothing. A merge of ruby-common to ruby-devel is easily doable.

The only benefit of keeping the split is that you can avoid ruby-devel
while building 99% of the gems.

Looking a bit closer, I'd suggest to merge ruby-common with the main
ruby package.

ruby-common (resp. ruby-rpm-macros) is a 14kb (_kilo_bytes) package
and not really worth to keep separately.

Comments ?

Fine with me - that's how it's done in the perl package. The only thing
to remember: you need to keep the macros around in the backport project.
The gems buildrequire ruby-macros >= 3 - which package provides that
shouldn't matter.