Re: [opensuse-ruby] A new packaging scheme for Ruby 2.1
* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> [Jan 28. 2014 16:34]:

libruby* is actually required by shared library packaging policy.

5. What prevent those to go to ruby-devel?

Nothing. A merge of ruby-common to ruby-devel is easily doable.

The only benefit of keeping the split is that you can avoid ruby-devel
while building 99% of the gems.

Thanks Stefan. This should make the packaging proposal final.

As I haven't seen anyone wanting to maintain the old packaging layout
going forward, I will no go ahead and submit ruby-2.1 according to the
new proposal.

Klaus
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany