Re: [opensuse-ruby] A new packaging scheme for Ruby 2.1
* Sascha Peilicke <speilicke@xxxxxxxx> [Jan 22. 2014 15:35]:
On Wednesday 22 January 2014 15:13:02 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Sascha Peilicke <speilicke@xxxxxxxx> [Jan 22. 2014 14:19]:
Mucho agreed. I strongly vote for keeping parallel-installability. For
several products (like Cloud) this is a must-have.

Hmm, I somewhat struggle with that. Why's it a 'must-have' ?

So Cloud-3 currently is still based on 1.8 and rails-2.3. We very recently
got
more manpower and I expect this to change soon. But at least ATM, we're not
2.1 ready.

Then Cloud-6 on SLE12 would have to provide and maintain its own
ruby18 package, installed to /opt/ruby18.

That is not my point, the question is if $SUSE_PRODUCT_X will be similarly
capable to adapt.

$SUSE_PRODUCT_X, based on SLES_Y_ServicePack_Z, would either use the
official SLES_Y_ServicePack_Z Ruby version or provide and maintain its
own version.

Klaus
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany